TEXT: Proverbs 4: 5-12
· If you are looking for those who can handle a thing well, look for those with the wisdom of God. Ex.35:30-31
If the spirit of wisdom is upon you, you will have the following benefits.
1. Ecc.7:12, Ecc. 10:15
Wisdom does not necessary mean wealth. God gave Solomon wisdom and wealth when he asked for only wisdom.
· Solution providers are often celebrated and honoured .(Joseph-famine, Bezeleel and Aholiab built the sanctuary) Gen.41:39-40, Ex.36:1
· He can give you the business ideas, the knowledge, the insight, etc. that will move you forward. Prov.14:8
The Wisdom of God as Compared to the Wisdom of Men
In James 3, there was a question asked which I want us to look at: who is a wise man?
· The scripture above makes us to understand that there are two kinds of wisdom. “The earthly, sensual and devilish wisdom and the wisdom from above.
Ø Godly wisdom is foolishness to the world; and worldly wisdom is foolishness to God.
· God in His wisdom instituted marriage; Man’s wisdom promotes divorce and immorality
· God in His wisdom created males and females to marry and procreate; Man’s wisdom embraces homosexuality and abortion
· God in His wisdom teaches responsibility and accountability; Man’s wisdom looks encourages the blame game
· God in His wisdom promotes initiative and hard work; Man’s wisdom teaches dependence on others for survival.
· God in His wisdom desires for all men to be saved; Man’s wisdom denies the need for salvation.
· God in His wisdom provided salvation full and free to every person; Man’s wisdom insists on paying his way to everything
Notice the Consequences in Isaiah 29:13-14, 1 Cor. 1:20
· The wisdom of Babel resulted into a global crisis; one that the world has still not recovered from (One language changed into many languages)
Even among the Christians, Man’s wisdom says;
· TURN OVER A NEW LEAF (not necessarily become Born Again)
· GET BAPTIZED AND JOIN THE CHURCH (Become a Church Goer)
· GIVE MONEY TO THE CHURCH, BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR… ( Pay your tithe and offering and give back to the community)
Ø This fleshly, worldly approach to wisdom can never take you far
But God’s wisdom says;
· REPENT! PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE FINISHED WORK OF CALVARY
· GIVE YOU LIFE IN TOTALTY TO GOD NOT PARTIALLY
· WITNESS CHRIST ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE
· AND LET GOD MEET YOUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY
Wisdom is not what you get by just reading books,
2 Peter 1:3, Psalms 84:11, 2Tim. 3:17
You are a child of God. He wants’ you to have wisdom, He will not mock you, or laugh at you if you pray for wisdom. Psalms 66:20, Psalms 102:17
· Only those that are sincere will get their prayer answered. James 1:6
· What we only need is to exercise the right faith to receive God’s most valuable asset- Wisdom. John 14:14, 1John 5:14
· Just ask God the owner and He will release the spirit of wisdom to you
2. and do as He commands. Deut.28:13
· God brings unchallengeable opportunities to those who can position themselves for the move of the wisdom of God
Ø Nobody could kill Goliath until David appeared at the scene
Ø No one could solve Nebuchadnezzar’s dream until Daniel showed up
Ø No one attempted to solve Potiphar’s dream until Joseph was remembered. Proverbs 6:6
· Read books, listen to tapes, watch programs, keep educating yourself.
– Position yourself for opportunities and allow God do the rest.
Ø Daniel understood by books. Dan.9:2, Daniel 9:2
In Conclusion: The Bible is very clear about this matter of getting wisdom. Wisdom is available for those that ask. But it is imperative that we understand that God’s wisdom is clearly different from earthly or man’s wisdom.
– God’s wisdom begins with an introduction to the Son of God – Jesus Christ.. 1Cor. 1:30
Ø Jesus Christ is both the Wisdom and the Power of God. 1Cor.1:23-24, 1Cor.1:30
· WISDOM – the power of Christ
· RIGHTEOUSNESS – the product of Christ (without Righteousness and Holiness, no man shall see God)
· SANCTIFICATION – the purpose of Christ
· REDEMPTION – the purchase of Christ
PASTOR OLANREWAJU AREOLA
Kindly like our facebook page and follow our post at www.facebook.com/gacikeja and tweets at www.twitter.com/gacikeja.