The church is a reflection of the family, even so is the society at large.
God takes special interest in the building of a Christian home because God knows that if the family can be captured, the church and the world at large will be captured for His kingdom.
The man is the pillar of the home.
He provides a covering for his home (spiritual and physical)
The man is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. He should give himself (his time, money, trust, etc) to his wife.
He must love her the same way he loves himself……He that loves his wife loves himself.
He must give honour unto his wife, in spite of her weaknesses.
The woman is the builder of the home.
She must submit unto her husband as unto the Lord. The husband is God’s representative in the home. The honour you will give to the Lord, give it to him also. If you can’t honour your husband, you can’t honour the Lord.
You are under his covering; you must subject yourself unto him in everything.
– Let Jesus be the King and the Lord of your home
– Family devotion (pray and read the Bible together)
– Be honest with each other/one another
– Develop and exercise forbearance (Colossians 3:12-15)
– Let your love and attention be centred around your family
– Let love prevail….. (Love is the platform on which we build anything that has to do with God. If it must succeed, it must be rooted in love………God is love!)