GOD’S REWARD SYSTEM
Matthew 19:16-30; Mark 10:17-31; Luke 18:18-30
Reward can be defined as a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement.
Reward is the one of the greatest motivating factors behind every hard-work or endeavour in life.
As humans and God’s people, we expect our reward from God (on earth, in heaven, or both).
A young rich ruler came to meet Jesus. This man desperately wanted the reward of eternal life. But it was obvious that he had a wrong perspective about God’s reward system.
Many times, we think we have what it takes to meet up with God’s standard, but when the Light of God’s Word shines upon us, we will see the weakness of our so-called righteousness – (Gal. 3:12)
From Jesus’ discourse with the rich young ruler, we could see that, putting one’s absolute trust on earthly riches could hinder such a person from obtaining the heavenly reward (1 Tim. 6:9,10).
Important things to note about God’s reward system
1. God is the Rewarder (Hebrews 11:6). He is the Owner and the Giver of the reward (James 1:17; John 3:27).
2. He will reward everyone according to his/her works
3. God’s ways are not always our ways (His reward methodology sometimes contradicts ours) – Isaiah 55:8-9.
The first shall be the last and vice versa….This is one of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God.
4. God’s timing is different from ours
What the package entails:
1. A hundred-fold increase
2. Everlasting life in the world to come…
What must I do to position myself for God’s reward?
1. Acknowledge God and yield the totality of your life to Him
2. Honour God with your substance (Prov. 3:9; Malachi 3:10-11)
3. Commit yourself to service in His vineyard (make yourself available) – Exodus 23:25. Be rich in good works (1 Tim. 6:19)
4. Abstain from every form of evil (1 Thess. 5:22). Embrace righteousness; eschew iniquity (Hebrews 1:9)
PASTOR NATHANIEL SADELA
for more details on pictures and proceedures of the service: check our posts on www.facebook.com/gacikeja and our tweets on www.twitter.com/gacikeja.