“A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment .For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned”. Matthew 12:35-37
“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Mark 11:23
What does confession means?
To confess is to admit formally that you have done something
Confession means “a statement that someone makes to admitting to something
To the Catholic, “ It is a private statement to the priest admitting to something that has been done or something that one is about to do
Confession is a statement of religious beliefs, principle, etc.
Therefore, to harmonize our confession with God, we must find out what He’s word says, then bring our confession in line with God’s word
If you do not align your confession with the word of God, your life can never experience miracle.
HOW TO HARMONIZE OUR CONFESSION TO THE WORD OF GOD
1. Change from Probability Confession to Confession of Certainty. (“IF”)
Some of us reduce the efficacy of the power of God by using the word “IF” during our confession
For Example; “If it be thy will” let God will heal me. Etc.
These statement are inconsistent with the word of God
– The word sound honest and with a humble heart but it does make God a “Certain” God
– It is a confession showing that you do not know the will of God for your life.
The Bible says in Rom 4:17that (“ ………And calleth those things which be not as though they were)
Some of the reasons why we make these kind of confession are;
a. Because we do not know how to pray with a good measure of faith
6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord
b. It is because deep down inside, you do not feel you are good enough to receive such level of blessing from God
– ( the Bible says they ask and receive not because of their unbelief)
“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith”. Mark 11:23
c. Because we believe to humble ourselves is the only criteria to receive blessing from God
The Bible says in Daniel 11:32 (“…….but the people that know their God shall be strong and do exploit)
– Hezekiah never prayed the prayer of uncertainty when he was told to get ready to die. He requested for something that David a man after Gods heart never requested for
– Joshua in his entire walk with Moses never saw or read where somebody stopped the Sun but he did it.
Our prayer and confession must be consistent with the will of God
– You can only know God’s will when you read His word
– God’s will for our lives in revealed in His word
Let us consider these two scriptures; IITim 2:15, IITim 3:16-17
15Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
When you become Approved of God, the Scripture becomes Profitable to you, then you become perfect, thoroughly furnished unto every good works.
2. Submitting to God’s word.
aSubmit yourselves therefore to God. b Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Some of us quote the part ‘B’ of this scripture when we have not fulfilled the part ‘A’ requirement.
The only way we submit ourselves to God is by submitting ourselves to His word.
When you believe God and take Him by His word, you will possess the necessary faith to;
– Resist the devil
– Resist the attack of sickness
– Resist Poverty
– Resist Lack and want
– Resist Failure and shame
– Resist untimely death. Etc
To submit is to take direction from the person you are submitting to
– When you take direction from the name of Jesus Christ, everything will be at your command
– When you submit to God, you are giving precedence to His word over every circumstances of life
– When you give the word precedence and you begin to confess what the word says, miracle begins to happen around you
3. Build up your Faith Vocabulary
10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Submitting and confessing the word of God must be a life-style not what you do when you feel like it
– You cannot confess the word of God today and tomorrow you are elevating the negative circumstances of your life
Some people surround themselves with word of doubt; thereby make the word of God non-effect in their lives.
“For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect. God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar”.Romans 3:3-4
– When you speak or confess in doubt, satan becomes activated without you realizing it
The devil in turn will create a little trouble,
– Lie to you that God has forgotten you,
– Then trick you away from God’s presence
You can only control God’s power through your positive confession in the word of God
– Prov. 18:21 says (“Death and life are in the power of the tongue………………)
It is up to us to put God’s power to work in our lives
– When you use vocabulary of Faith, you will always defeat the devil.
PASTOR LANRE AREOLA
for more details on pictures and proceedures of the service: check our posts on www.facebook.com/gacikeja and our tweets on www.twitter.com/gacikeja.