THE SPIRIT OF GOD MADE ACCESSIBLE TO EVERY BELIEVER
9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1) Every believer needs the spirit of God to be able to retain the thought of God. Act 18:25
As believers our spirit must constantly be in tune with the spirit of God
2) As believer, we must understand our environment i.e knowing things that work and the things that do not work.
It is through the spirit of God that we can receive wisdom for our daily living Eph 1:17
3) A believer must know the power that is at work within him
WHAT KIND OF LIFESTYLE IS EXPECTED FROM EVERY BELIEVER
1) A life of awareness to the things of the spirit. (In Rom 8:6, the Bible says ‘……to be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life……)
We need to be alert to thing of the spirit
We need know how to take action on spiritual matters Rev. 2:7
2) Awareness to the things around you.
What has God put in your care, what are the opportunities available, your strength, weakness and the things that stand as threat to your life either physically or spiritually?
3) A believer must live a kingdom oriented life
He must not be on equally yoked with unbelievers 2Cor 6:14
Friendship with the word is enmity against God. James 4:4, Rom 8:7-11.
4) A believer must live with his armour on at all times. Eph. 6:11-16
Must not be too complacent, or become over-confident. (…………..his truth and righteousness will be your guard…………..)
5) A believer must live a depository prayer life. Matt 26:41, Mark 13:33, 14:38, Luke 21:36
The spirit of God can help us pray prayers that will stand for us in time of trouble
6) A believer must live a victorious life
Must ensure that every challenges is an opportunity to get the name of God exalted
7) A believer must know how to stand in gap
Standing in gap for his family, the church of God, for brothers and sisters, for brethren, for friends, etc. John 21:15-17
PASTOR LANRE AREOLA
for more details on pictures and proceedures of the service: check our posts on www.facebook.com/gacikeja and our tweets on www.twitter.com/gacikeja.