For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah. 29:11
A successful lifestyle is not measured by the quantity of accumulated possessions or popularity you have
It is measured by the attainment of God’s ordained purpose for your life
The Bible told us that immediately Adam was created the first assignment for him to fulfill purpose was to dress and to keep the garden of Eden. Gen 2:15 (15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it)
- Part of his duty was to name all the animals,
- The birds,
- Look after their wellbeing, etc.
- Be the lord over all God’s creation
Everyone who is born of God must be governed by the divine plan of God for his life. In Gen. 2:7, When the Lord God breathed the breath of life and man became a living soul; the breath came with the ability to know one’s purpose for his own existence.
- The day you become ‘born again’ you are automatically expected to step into the kingdom and operate in the divine plan of God (assignment) for your life.
When you become born again, the following must be your first duty:
- To prayerfully discover your God-given assignment in the body of Christ,
- Pursue it and you are on the way to your ministry
Ministry is not a dream or a trance, not a church or leadership position
- It is a divine assignment handed down to a person by God Everyone called of God has a task to perform.
The entire Bible is about called-up people on one special assignment or the other
- Abraham assignment was to build the people of God
- Moses assignment was to deliver Israel from the Egyptian
- Joshua assignment was to lead the people to the promise land (Canaan)
- Gideon assignment was to deliver the people from the Midianites
- David assignment was to be king in place of Saul
- Isaiah assignment was to be a Prophet to the Israelite. Etc.
· Ministry is Stewardship, (where you serve God without asking why)
· On what capacity are you serving in the body of Christ?
· No part of the body of Christ is useless we therefore cannot afford to be useless in the body of Christ
- Not an idea but an instruction,
- Not a feeling but a leading,
- Not a burden but a responsibility,
Wherever divine intervention of the gospel is needed, God dispatches human agent to stand in for Him and act on His behalf
Eph. 4:11-12 (11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ)
When you align into these, you have already been called into service.
PASTOR LANRE AREOLA