TOPIC: FACING TOMORROW
TEXT: II Kings 4:1-7
1Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen. 2And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil. 3Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbors, evenempty vessels; borrow not a few. 4And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full. 5So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out. 6And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed. 7Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.
- Where you look determines what you obtain. II Kings 4:1,
- What you desire determines what you get
- Lazarus desire to look at the floor rather than look at the table.
20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
The woman desire to look unto God for help through the prophet.
II Chro. 20:20
…………….Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
Where are you looking for assistance, where do you seek help, the table or the floor?
Heb 12: 2
Looking unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of
- The floor represent the best human being can do for you
- While the table represent the divine purpose of God for our lives.
And thou prepares a table before me ………………………..……..
In 2Kings 4:1, The Bible acknowledges the fact that the husband died a poor man but feared the Lord.
It is possible to fear the Lord but not know your covenant right in the Lord.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
What usually robs man from his breakthroughs is either SIN or IGNORANCE
6For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck themup 7And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.
- Sin or ignorance can hid away the glory of God in a man’s life
- Adam and Eve became naked as a result of sin
- The prodigal son lost everything because of sin
When we fall into sin, we lose the boldness to look unto God and our attention is immediate shifted towards man
The following are the best man can do for us;
Man can only pity and give counsel
Man will only give method
Man can only share experience
Man cannot substitute him or herself for you only Jesus can do that.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
When we repent of our sins, the righteousness of God will find us out;
The righteousness of God located the prodigal son
The woman was able to pay the debt because the righteousness of God was at work in her.
10Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings. 11Woe unto the wicked! It shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
What God usually uses to liberate a man is what belongs to man but may have been relegated to the background;
For this woman it was a POT OF OIL
For Moses it was the shepherd STAFF
- What God will do for you is tied to what you have
- What you have will make a way for you
- There are talents in you waiting for expression. (Prov. 18:16 A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men)
- What education does to your talent is that; Education brings out your talent with a class
- You need to develop the gift in you because it will guarantee your success tomorrow.
- God has deposited something on the inside of every man but we need the righteousness of God to search it out.
- The junction of your so-called failure may be the break out of your success if you know what you have.
- What are the potentials in you waiting for expression?
- You need to discover yourself in Christ so that you can recover your needed miracles
Until you discover yourself in Christ, you cannot discover how the devil has robbing you of your needed miracles;Don’t live in ignoranceAsk for the wisdom of God to lead you in life.Prov 4:7Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.Ecc. 10:10If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom isprofitable to direct.You have been working it out with you head it is time to bring Jesus into itJesus Christ is the only smart move you have
- The smart move God requires from some is to give one night in a month to come to this mountain and pray through
- To some it is to create time serve in the vineyard
- To some it is punctuality and regularity in the house of God
- To some it is serving God without holding back, etc.
Discover what makes the difference and the Lord will back you upWhen you stop using, God stop pouringPASTOR LANRE AREOLAKindly like our facebook page and follow our post at www.facebook.com/gacikeja and tweets at www.twitter.com/gacikeja.