Deuteronomy 8:1-3; Matthew 4:1-10; Joshua 1:8
1. Everyone who hears the Word of God is likened to a builder. Your perception, response or reaction to the Word of God determines the kind of person or builder you are (Matthew 7:24-27). The Bible likens the life of a man to a house. A wise person builds his/her life on the Word of God. What are you building your life on?
The Word of God abides forever (Isaiah 40:6-8; 1 Peter 1:23-25)
4. The Word of God is like the rain, which fulfills the purpose for which it has been sent. The Word of God equally functions as seed to the sower and bread to the eater (Isaiah 55:10-11; 2 Corinthians 9:10). It has the capacity to bring forth fruits in multiple folds; it can also be a means of livelihood.
5. The Word of God is a life-transforming agent. The Word first of all searches our hearts, changes our belief system, transforms our hearts (and minds) and thereafter, the external transformation can occur (Hebrews 4:12-13; Acts 20:32).
2. Turning to the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:12-18).
1. Success is inevitable and the Lord takes knowledge of you (Psalm 1:1-6; 37:18)
2. You become spiritually fruitful (John 15:7-8)
3. You receive the light of God and walk in divine understanding (Psalm 119:130)
4. The Word of God makes you a god over the situation (challenges) it addresses in your life (Psalm 82:6; John 10:34-35)
5. The ways of the Lord become known to you (Psalm 103:7)
6. Anyone who keeps the Word of the Lord will never see death (John 8:51)