HAVE FAITH IN GOD
Faith is having a conviction of receiving a thing that is yet to be seen. It takes an inner eye or mind to bring forth an idea that is only a promise of reality. Faith operates at a level that fear, doubt and anxiety cannot be productive. Hebrews 11:1, 6
What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. (NLT)
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW TO PUT YOUR FAITH TO WORK
1. Absolute trust and believe in God is the source of every unfeigned faith –
6. So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. (NLT) –Heb. 11:6
2. God’s response to human requests most times takes into cognisance the heart and faith of the one making such request.
Therefore I say unto you, what things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. – Mark 11:24
3. There is no impossibility with God as long as our faith can carry what we desire from God.
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23
4. God is not a magician, He will do what He will do, but you will have to patiently wait for Him until He does what pleases Him.
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. – Rom. 8:18-19
HINDRANCES TO FAITH
1. Fear – the presence of fear in man is the greatest enemy to that man’s faith
For [the Spirit which] you have now received [is] not a spirit of slavery to put you once more in bondage to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption [the Spirit producing sonship] in [the bliss of] which we cry, Abba Father! (AMP)– Rom. 8:15
2. Doubt – God desires absolute confidence from us when we stand to exercise our faith.
Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord, [For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides]. – James 1:6-8
3. Anxiety – this is over-expectation. Seeking for an answer without patiently waiting for God’s time, thereby helping God through another means.
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. – Heb. 10:35
SOURCE OF FAITH
The word of God – Romans 1:17, Col. 3:16
Rom 10:17– So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 1:16-17- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith.
In conclusion, faith is NOW. It produces results now, when faith meets with the obedience in the word of God.
PASTOR FEMI ATODE
for more details on pictures and proceedures of the service: check our posts on www.facebook.com/gacikeja and our tweets on www.twitter.com/gacikeja.