Topic: Roll away the stone
Bible Reading: John 11:30 – 44
Jesus asked the people to take away the stone when Lazarus was to be brought to life. When people die, they are buried in the tomb with a big stone rolled over the tomb in which the body of the dead is laid. This literarily means the dead person is locked up in the tomb with all that he or she stands for in life; the destiny and potential.
Stone in the context of this message symbolizes an obstacle which may disallow a thoroughfare in and out of something or somewhere – Mark 16:3-4.
“And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great”.
Lessons from this passage; “take away the stone”
1. There are things you need to do yourself. God will not do what He had given you power to do
i) Israelites at the red sea – they only need to keep moving into the sea (Exo. 14:15).
ii) Naaman – All Naaman needs to perfect God’s healing upon his life is to go wash in the pool (2Kings 5:13 – 14).
2. God will never ask us to do what we cannot do unless He is giving us power through the Spirit to do it (2Pet. 1:3).
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
3. The spirit of God provides supernatural platform but it takes men of faith and action to bring forth the supernatural (1Kings 17: 49).
4. Lots of great abilities and possibilities are deposited in you; rolling away the stone will expose you to the greatness and possibilities.
What is the stone in your life?
1. Sin can represent stone in your life – Prov. 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
2. Comfort zone mentality – Deut. 2:1 – 3
Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the LORD spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. And the LORD spake unto me, saying, Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward.
3. Unbelief – Matt. 13:57-58
And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.
4. Fear of taking risk – Rom. 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
When the stone is rolled away
1. You see the glory of God
2. Deadness comes to life
3. Impossibilities become possible
4. God is gloried in all you do
What’s your stone? Roll it away and watch the power of God empty the tomb in your life. He emptied Lazarus’ tomb. He will do it for you.
PASTOR FEMI ATODE
Kindly like our facebook page and follow our post at www.facebook.com/gacikeja and tweets at www.twitter.com/gacikeja.