The Lord can use anyone irrespective of the tribe, clan or colour. God is not limited by our limitations. We may look very unworthy to be used of God in our own eye but God can use the weakest of a man to bring His kingdom here on earth.
In fact, the weaker we are in our own sight the better we are in the sight of God. God does not see the way we see. Man looks at appearance but God looks at out heart. God uses the foolish things of the to confound the wise
“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence” 1Corinthians 1: 27 – 29
WHO CAN GOD USE?
· The lowly in heart – Psalms 138:6
Though the LORD [be] high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.
· Person(s) with contrite sprit – Psalm 34:18
The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
· Person(s) fully ready to be used of God – Isaiah 6:8
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [am] I; send me.
· Person(s) whose heart is total yielded unto God
WHAT DOES GOD NEED YOU FOR?
· To deliver the lost souls
“And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation”– 2Corinthians 5:18
· To worship God in His holiness – Philippians 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
· To bring Him honour and glory
“A son honoureth [his] father, and a servant his master: if then I [be] a father, where [is] mine honour? and if I [be] a master, where [is] my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?” – Malachi 1:6
· To serve in His tabernacle–“One [thing] have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple”. Psalm 27:4
· To harvest the ripe field of the Lord
“Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest” – Luke 10:2
BENEFIT OF BEING USED OF GOD
· Honour and glory
· Divine guidance and direction –
“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye”. Psalm 32:8
· Divine provision–
“If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles. Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the [gold] of Ophir as the stones of the brooks. Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver.” Job 22:23-25
INDRANCES AGAINT THE USE OF GOD
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” Romans 6:1-2
“A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit”.
· Self-sufficiency (Not needing God)
· “But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners? And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance”. – Luke 5:31
· Unrepentant heart
“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.”Proverb 28:13.